Unfortunately, Bob read this book in the middle of the semester, so he left fewer comments than usual. One somewhat hilarious thing he did do, however, was stayed up until 1:30 reading it which might have been because I may or may not have told him that there were seven bedroom scenes…
- No. Just no.
- Oooh, plump limps, how interesting (oops, that was supposed to be plump lips!)
- Reword this sentence, it sounds funny and not in a “ha ha” sort of way
- Oh me, oh my!
- And eat some Frosted Flakes, cause they’re Grrrreat! (This was in reference to Gray skipping dinner and going straight to the watchtower.)
- Umm, when I tried to give you a different word to use here, I didn’t realize the context you were wanting to use it, but this isn’t it
- Oh, how diplomatic… Not.
- Would genuine ladies be so forward, Mrs. Gordon?
- Now that’s a strange saying–but we’d expect nothing less from you
- A womanizer with morals?!
- Turbo! (Just to be clear this was not a remark said in conduction with a love scene, but rather a reference to a snail in a race.)
- I think if she’s there, she’s present
- Different word needed, if someone reads this too fast… Yikes!
- Switch this and that
- Now that is scandalous!
And my favorite comment he made about the book: Did you model General Davis after your father?
Don’t forget, this book is now available so if you haven’t already read it, you can read it now along with Bob’s commentary. Or if you’ve already read it, you can make a game of figuring out where everything goes! Have a wonderful weekend!
Captain Grayson Montgomery has just let his mouth get him into trouble again—quite literally. Being promptly informed that he must either marry the young lady he was caught with in a scandalous embrace or face a possible seven years of hard labor, Gray makes the obvious choice to marry her. It’ll just be a marriage of circumstance with no chance of either getting hurt.
Michaela Davis is in a state of shock. First, she was kissed nearly senseless by a sweet talking stranger, only to have the bliss end with the uncomfortable realization that they’d been seen! And by her father, no less. If that’s not bad enough, who she thought was just a charming stranger is none other than the heartless cad who broke her young heart as a girl!
Circumstances might dictate that they marry, but they’re both about to learn that circumstances don’t always bring about a happily-ever-after—only they can control that.