I know it’s the weekend which means some of you will be doing some ironing, but take a break for a few minutes to read about some irony:
- There is only one city in all of the United States simply named: Beach. Oh, and wouldn’t you know it’s in North Dakota a landlocked state that probably couldn’t be any further from the ocean!
- Michigan has a town named Hell. Hell, Michigan made national news in the winter of 1995-1996 when it froze…
- Thailand means “land of the free”.
- It only snows approximately 2″ per year on Antartica.
- The first hurricane given a male name was in 1979–it’s name: Bob. (Sounds like my husband)
- Rhode Island is considered the Vampire Capitol of the United States
- Oregon has the shortest river in the United States (world?)–D River a total of 121 feet!
- Yakutsk, Russia has the worst weather on the planet. On average the temperature falls to -84F and in the summer can get up 102F.
- The only active diamond mine is in…Arkansas.
- State with the most shoreline…OKLAHOMA! (As a bonus, they also have the most tornadoes per square mile.)