This Fun Fact Friday contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.
- When coming up with words for the title that ended with an “er” to keep the theme, I contemplated and almost used “Stranger” but then decided since I already had an S word with Southerner, that I should find another. Thus, I came up with Traveler. Which is far more fitting since they knew each other and weren’t total strangers.
- While I didn’t know hardly anything about Jack before his book, I knew a lot and I do mean a lot about Gray and his past before writing his book.
- What I didn’t anticipate about Gray in this book is that he’d be injured. That was a storyline that just started and I went with it. Some like it. Some don’t. I think it does add to the development between the two and gives a little clue about the end.
- There was a point in the book where I wasn’t certain exactly who the villain was.
- I allowed the villain to “get away” because I wasn’t sure if I’d need him in a future book. Not to redeem him, but maybe add a point of contention.
- Of all the series I’ve written, I usually have a favorite hero in each series, but not in this one. I’m pulled to all three of them in equal measure and for different reasons. It was strange to have all the heroes in a single series that I loved so much.
- I restarted this book about six times and I’m so glad I did. I don’t think it would have worked out as well had I stuck with one of the first five attempts.
- I knew from the first book (and thought it was obvious) that Wes was related to Gabriel Ellis (Carolina Banks’ brother), but decided to clarify it with the ending.
- If you’ll notice, the name of the place where Wes’ grandparents live is: Lowland Ridge. In His Yankee Bride, neither Gabriel nor Marjorie live at a residence known as Lowland Ridge. Gabriel lives at Lowland Cross and Marjorie lives at Reynolds Ridge. Therefore… somehow they have to merge… I have a story idea for these two and I’m excited to write it. Unfortunately, my American-set books just don’t do as well as my English so it’s just not a top priority for 2014, but I’ve got it listed as a possibility for 2015.
Have a wonderful weekend!