First and foremost, I want you all to know that I love to write books and will alway continue to do that as long as I have breath within me.
That being said, over the past year or so I’ve privately helped several authors get their book ready for publication. This has been wonderful and I love it. I love the way it gives me something to do when I get writer’s block or I’m not “feeling a story”. Because I enjoy it so much, I have decided to take my career in a different path. While I will still be writing books, I will also actively be publishing others and have decided to open a small (for now) press that focuses on historical romance exclusively between humans. Why no paranormal? Because I think that’s a very over-saturated market and I’ve talked to several people who have openly expressed that they would like to just read a love story between a man and a woman. This of course isn’t the biggest market in the world, but I’ve always written for this specific niche so I honestly believe I’d do best to stick with this niche and find readers and writers who are looking for this kind of romance.
To answer a few questions (but if you have another, feel free to ask):
1. Will I still write? Absolutely! It’ll just be at a slower rate. Instead of a new book every 2-3
months, it’ll be closer to every four. I’ve begun Gray’s story and Sebastian’s so there ARE books in the works. Really, not much will be different except that I’ll be actively seeking people to publish rather than having them find me privately.
2. Will I still blog? Yes! I have to share my craziness somewhere!
3. Will I still do giveaways on FB and on my blog? Of course. While I’ll actively be helping to publish and promote others, I’ll still have books, too. Plus, I love giveaways and swag, and chatting with all of you.
4. Who will you publish? Anyone with a good, solid story that fits the criteria of what I accept.
5. Do you have a website yet? Yes. http://www.parchmentandplume.com (see anything you think might benefit from a change feel free to let me know)
6. Is there a Facebook page? Yes. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Parchment-and-Plume/562275390481558
7. What will happen to each of MY books? Well, over the next few weeks, I’ll gradually be changing the listing pages (and copyright pages) to reflect Parchment & Plume as the publisher, with the first “debut” book from them being The Officer and the Southerner later this month/early September.
Okay, that’s it. I’m not sure if I should sigh with relief that my secret is out (a secret I’ve been holding onto for almost a year now when I initially bought the domain and set up the website, but just didn’t upload it to the web until a few months ago) or hide at the idea that some of you might be unhappy at this change.