Yesterday, as typical on the first day of the month, I went through my “site stats” and looked at the search engine terms that brought people here or to my website. Sometimes I get a few comical entries, this time there wasn’t anything to share on that score. BUT, here were a few searches/questions that I’ll answer:
2. Where (or when) can I pre-order future books? Unfortunately, my books are not available for pre-order. Sorry, that’s just the way it is. However, if you’d like to be notified when they go on sale, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with “upcoming books” and I’ll add you to the list.
3. How long will it take for Her Secondhand Groom to reach iBooks? That’s the million dollar question. Usually, within a week of approval from Smashwords it’s at iBooks. They’re very quick to get it up. But…Smashwords sometimes gets slowed down in approving books due to how many books are submitted there each day. I’ve tried to sell direct so it can be at iBooks on the same day as it goes up on Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords, but there are far too many hoops to jump through and a lot of frustrations about things I had absolutely no control over.
4. When will Book X be at Sony, Kobo, Diesel, etc? I have no idea. Sony usually has them up within 4-5 weeks after they publish. So Reluctant should be there now and Secondhand around the first of the year. It’s not possible to sell direct with these places, so it’s out of my hands.
5. Where can I get free Rose Gordon books? I’ve discussed my feelings on pirated books enough already, so I won’t go there. But, if you’d like to get free books in a legitimate way, I usually run giveaways before or right after a new book comes out. Another option is to request an ARC.
6. When is Her Imperfect Groom coming? Oh dear… It’ll be a bit. Originally, I said Jan. 17, but I’m fairly confident that will not happen. I still have to finish writing/revising it, then it has to be edited, proofread, and formatted. With Christmas and New Years fast approaching, I just don’t see how all that could happen before Jan 17th. So to be safe, I changed it to Feb. 1.
7. Will Elijah and Henry (Alex’s brothers) have their stories? Honestly, I don’t know. I’d planned to write another series about the Banks family after this one, but… Sometimes things change. That being said, I haven’t decided just what I’ll do after the Groom Series, but I should have a good idea by the time Her Imperfect Groom debuts.
8. Did Liberty really cheat on her husband? I haven’t been asked this for a long time. The answer is no. Last spring there was a big deal about this in a thread at Amazon when Liberty was nominated for the Worst Heroin (sic) Ever, and I did a post on it. (Please read “Oh Dear, looks like Liberty’s at it again” if you’re curious about her nomination.) However, this has recently resurfaced and the simple answer is: no. She did not have sex with anyone other than her husband and only when she already knew it was him, not when he was still in disguise.
9. Why did you stop the Character Interviews? Odd. I wasn’t certain anyone really liked them. I’ve done a few for this series, but while they were fun to write and helped give a bit of an insight into the book before buying it, I didn’t find that it was worth the time it took to write them because I had so little feedback on them. HOWEVER, if you were one who did enjoy them, let me know. If enough people did, I’ll certainly consider bringing them back. Like I said, they were fun to do and they helped me understand the characters better, but I don’t want to write them just for myself!
I think that’s all. If I missed something, or if you have a specific question, please e-mail me and just ask. I won’t bite, I promise.
On another note, I am still adding people to the list who’d like to be included in my survey. So feel free to join. I will leave this post up until next week, then early next week, I’ll post a little more information about the survey…then conduct it!
Have a great weekend, everyone.